Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Witness to a Miracle

Wow,
I can not believe it has been a week without posting.
That is so strange to me. Somewhere in my head I have composed a dozen posts and have not sat down to write them. I am just that way.

I am going to take this quick moment to tell you about a miracle.

From my friend, Erin, I learned about her friend, Katie, and HER husband, Donnie, and THEIR daughter, Catherine.


Their story is very similar to several women I know, esp. a blog I read daily. Catherine was having some problems while in the womb--I won't try act like I understand the medical terminology, but best said: her organs were not where they were supposed to be. Doctor's forecasted that if Catherine lived outside the womb she would not live more than a few hours.

Go read their blog...it won't take too long...but get some Kleenex's by the keyboard.

During the months of Katie's pregnancy, I prayed and prayed for this family I didn't know...All the time, thinking that my prayers were futile...what did it mean for this family and to God to hear my prayers for someone I didn't really know. I had prayed for internet people and causes before and sadly, most miracles elude my sight line. I know there is a miracle there, just not the one I prayed for. The miracle God gave to the other's I prayed for seemed harder and less celebratory. I even called myself (only to myself) a prayer-jinx. Don't ask me to pray for you...

Not this time. Just like Mandy Moore wishes in the movie, A Walk to Remember...I got to witness a miracle of God. And it was worth the wait.

7 comments:

Curtis said...

...crying at work, wanting to hug my little boy so bad right now. thanks for sharing this and i look forward to praying for this family. i cannot imagine the faith it takes...

amanda said...

i didn't think i had any tears left in me today friend...i guess i was wrong.

thanks for sharing :)

Erin said...

Isn't it amazing? I am still amazed. Katie is the best person,ever. Her and Donnie deserve baby Catherine and her miracle@!

The Ben Show said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to go read about them and add them to the prayer list.

Lauren said...

Thanks so much for sharing sweet Catherine's story with us. I am praying for her. What a miracle!

Wendi said...

What a beautiful story.
Thanks for sharing Alex!

The Microblogologist said...

Wow, the whole lot of them are amazing. Growing up I was taught that God always answers prayers and sometimes his answer is, "No." I am so glad that this time it appears his answer is yes =)!

Karen