Wednesday, October 20, 2010

She always comes to my rescue

This is my friend, Crouton. We have been friends since we were in eighth grade.

We have done a lot of things together, but never on purpose.

We chose to go to the same college (we didn't want to cling to each other so we did not room together), we got married a few years apart (she was my maid of honor, I was her matron), and then we had babies months apart.

Through out our 15 years of friendship, we have had a very unique relationship.  Today, while we were hanging out after several weeks of not being able to set a time (vacationing, sickness, etc), she summed up our relationship perfectly:  We never spent all of the time attached at the hip together.  We ebb and flow.  We would hang out in the spring consistently because in the summer I was at camp and the fall she was doing band.

We had other friends, some of them we didn't agree upon.

But we always were there for each other.  Bad times, good times, birthdays, medical issues.  We know and love eachothers families. 

And now, having babies together, has cemented our friendship. I love seeing the babies together and imagining them being friends as they get older.

Mainly, she is just a great person and a great friend...who has always been there for me.  I am very lucky.

1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Thank goodness for besties!