Saturday, January 16, 2010

Missing the K in Kdubs

So Kdubs left for Vienna for good on Sunday.
When I say for good, I just mean he has moved there. He packed 8 bags and left us.

It was sad, but it was much more tolerable than his previous departure. And I figured out why:
Cdubs.

Yeah, KW was partially right, she relieves a lot of my boredom when he is gone. But she also makes me have to buck up and be THE MOM! (holy hell, I'm someone's mom!!!) I can't wallow in self pity and cry myself to sleep. I have to take care of her...all the time.

It has been a good feeling. And she just makes me happy. Cheeks like hers does that.

I miss him like crazy but I honestly think he might miss us more. I mean how can you not miss the cheeks!

And no, we don't have a leave date for us yet. The reason why: my dad is having some heart issues (they were known before but he is getting somethings checked out on the 25th) and we are waiting for the all clear to leave (or leave and come back if he needs surgery). I don't always like asking for prayers, because I know that God will take care of us and him (and I do know the power of prayer even with that knowledge) but it feels selfish to ask for prayers sometimes (maybe it is just me, I'm weird). Anyways, if y'all could send some good thoughts, prayers etc out on the 25th, I'd appreciate it.

***new pictures coming soon***

6 comments:

The Mrs. said...

hope you guys get good news and soon enough you'll be with kdubs!

amanda said...

lots of prayers :)

can't wait for the new pics!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I imagine it is really tough. I just had a husband free weekend and it's a lot of work!

Lots of prayers for your dad's heart. And, ask....don't feel weird about it.

Love to see more pics of your little C, too.

Anonymous said...

very useful article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

Buffalo Betty said...

"Holy hell I'm someone's mom!"

Love it, makes me feel better for if I ever have a family will likely say that at least once a day...

Karen Perez said...

Hang in there buddy! Will definitely throw up some prayers for your dad.