Saturday, November 14, 2009

Getting Ready for the Real Deal

So we are 6 days away from our due date. And I feel that we could go to the hospital at any moment.
I have been having more and more contractions every day.
They have not been consistent and stop after I change positions or drink some water.

For some reason, I just think this is going to happen soon.

My midwife is on call this weekend, so I would be pleased as punch to have it this weekend so I don't have to disturb her after her on call weekend. I don't like to be rude, but I might be rude and insist she be there for this.

One of my fears is that we are still at my parents house, which is an hour away from the hospital. So, I want to give myself plenty of time to get to the hospital but I'd like to labor at home for as long as possible. Ideally, we'd hang out in my brothers house in Athens as soon as the contractions got going...but who knows how everything will play out.

KW is home, but to be honest we are having a more difficult time adjusting to each other after 6 weeks apart. I have gotten used to being on my own, he has gotten used to not dealing with typical (and some untypical) girl issues. Hopefully, we can get reconnected before the baby comes. Which means we better hurry if this baby comes tonight.

I wish I knew what true labor and contractions were like. I'm sure I'll find out but I just want to reassure myself that this isn't the real deal.

4 comments:

E said...

real ones wont stop

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! That IS true though! The real ones won't stop. In the beginning of my "real" labors, the contractions felt just like the warm-up ones I'd been having all along. *Usually* first-time moms have a decently long labor. It's rare that you get to the hospital too late with the first one.

Karen Perez said...

It's not rude to insist your midwife be around for the birth of your child, promise. So glad KW's home now - I'm sure you'll get readjusted soon! Praying for you both as you get closer and closer to your due date!!

amanda said...

thinking of you today...

any news to share ...

take care of you!