Monday, June 30, 2008

Watching the Weight-Update

If you are watching my bug (the sidebar to the right!), then you might have noticed it hasn't moved in awhile.

Now, this isn't because I have stopped the Weight Watchers or working out. I just haven't had a whole lot to report.

My weight loss since Maleless has been minimal. Mainly, on the shy side of a pound or so. I have been content thinking, "At least I didn't gain!" Which with Maleless is a good thing. But I was a little sad, because I was doing well with my points (I thought)...so why no progress?

Well, it doesn't help that I have a really old fashioned scale: Since this scale is not like the digital WW version that tells you if you lost .4 lbs, you don't get that satisfaction of "AT LEAST IT WAS SOME LOSS!" I tried to convince KW that we needed a digital scale for our weight loss efforts, but he scoffed and said, "Oh no, you wanted the cute antique scale to go with your cute antique inspired bathroom...sorry, no go!"

Of course, he is under the "If you feel better, then good" philosophy of weight loss. But I am a girl...I want results and I want satisfaction for denying myself my dear sweet french fries. Now, I don't weigh myself too often...usually twice a week. For my official weigh in on Fridays and usually on Sunday or Monday as well. However, on these mid week weigh ins I typically weigh less than I do on Friday. Is this because I splurge my extra points on Thursday night? Or is this the weight loss gods way at a joke? Either way, I'm not happy.

This morning, I stepped on the scale and saw a loss of 3 LBS! Again, this is the type of scale if you lean forward you are a pound lighter and back a pound heavier...I always lean forward, so it is accurate, right? But three pounds! That is a big deal...an even bigger deal because that takes me to 10 lbs lost and into a a lower poundage ranking...you know being a 138 and going into the 120s (I am not that light or small, at 5'10" I just want to say it to make myself feel better, okay?). I haven't been in this weight bracket in awhile! granted I'm a 9 on the decade, but still...WOOHOO!

So my question to y'all is, do I count it? Do I signify this weight loss and put it into the Bug Mover or wait to weigh in on Friday and just take this as an emotional victory?
***Even though all of you said to count it...I decided to see what I weighed this morning and count that! It was just 2 lbs difference. I know I should count everything but I want to be true to the process and not have a gain later cause I overestimated my loss. Thanks for the advice...it sure made me feel good!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say totally record it! Every little accomplishment will make you more motivated!

amanda said...

uhm i would sooo totally count it!! is say move the bug!!

yipppeee :)

ok now i am chanting move the bug, move the bug - you know like move that bus from extreme home makeover?

not that you are bus.

bc u aren't.

ok i will just shut up now.

GranolaGirl said...

Absolutely-- Move That Bug! (say it like Extreme Makeover Home Edition-- "Move That Bus!")

Way to go-- keep up the good work :-)

(did you see that I'm trying to run a 5K as a double flagulated cell? Only 8 more weeks to go)

GranolaGirl said...

oh man. I'm such a dork. And I thought I had an original joke. Should have read the other comments first. You beat me to it, Amanda!

Laural Out Loud said...

Heck, yeah! Move that little bug on over!

I love my digital scale. Even .2 pounds can be such a thrill.

Adcock Circus said...

I am lurking around your blog again from McMommy. I say it counts. I admire your ticker! I have been dieting for 3 months and have hit the wall. I can not get over the hump - at this point I would count the loss of an ounce! Way to go.

Blessings From Above said...

It does count!!!

Congratulations on losing THREE more pounds! :)

The Mrs. said...

good for you! I'm of the at least i havent gained theory. But i do find myself getting a little wrapped up in losing losing losing. Flyboy said he's going to shoot the scale if I dont shut up.

Congrats at your lesser weight!

Anonymous said...

good, i just made a lot of new emo backgrounds 2 my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info