Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dinner tonight

Okay, confession time, people. I do my shopping daily. I go to the grocery store almost every day.

I know, I know, I know. I waste money, time, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

But I can't help it. With just two of us, we are driven by whims and tastes. We love to eat according to mood.
Often we will pair it with what is on t.v. Big game = sports night food: pizza/hot dogs and beer. Project Runway = fancy salad.

Second confession: both KW and I hate making decision. We both want the other to be happy, so we hate saying "I WANT THIS!" because that might make the other one less happy.

So I was shocked yesterday that KW wanted to get stuff to make Chicken Marsala for today (A DAY AHEAD!)

We were there getting food for dinner that night and we planned ahead. This went in vain because we went again after work to get more stuff (for surprise dinner guests--great to have you Montagninis and an emergency snow storm predicted for tomorrow).

I made Chicken Marsala, which is my little brother's favorite. He made me make it for him all summer (when we lived in ATL). It turned out well, but it was an easy meal to make with company sitting in our kitchen.

Here is the recipe:
Make 2 bowls:
1-Mix Italian flavored bread crumbs with 2 tbs of melted butter with fork
2-scramble 3 eggs in a bowl and salt and pepper

Filet and Flatten chicken boobs

dredge said boobs in the egg mixture and then bread crumbs

Saute (3-4 min on each side) the dredged boobs in a pan with 2 tbs of margarine/butter and 3-4 tbs of olive oil
I had a hot cookie sheet in the oven ready to keep the chicken warm and finish off the cooking if needed.

After chicken is cooked, use left over oil/butter to saute mushrooms (I had to add more margarine). After the sliced mushrooms are cooked down, I put 1 cup of marsala wine, italian seasoning, garlic salt, parsley flakes. After this has cooked down, I added a few tablespoons of flour to thicken.

it is so easy and yummy. And easy to manipulate with what you have. I served it with pasta and salad.

I know that most of you are going "yeah, Alex, this is chicken marsala...why are you posting this?" well, if you are wondering what to make for dinner, may I recommend Chicken Marsala.

4 comments:

E said...

MMm...next time include a pic!

GranolaGirl said...

So funny... I just posted that I made Chicken Marsala last night too! We must be sisters :-) Ooo now I'm hungry again for leftovers...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

YUM!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh,BTW I Lovvved how you matched the tv shows to your meal plan (pizza beer =football & fancy salad = project runway!) This cracked me up!