Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Treasure Tuesday



I am so excited! I have my most favorite treasure to share this treasure Tuesday! I couldn't share it before I had a digital camera.

My treasure is my mom's quilt. No she didn't make it, but she got it for her freshman college bed. She bought it from a bunch of church ladies, and as you can see from the colors, it is ultra-70s, and all of the colors clash!



When she first got married, my mom used it as just an extra blanket around the house or as a picnic blanket. I thought it was so ugly when I was a kid but as I got older I saw it for its connection with my mom. When I would go off to camp, I would take this blanket when everyone would have their fancy sleeping bag/comforters. I loved having something that was my mom's. Now it has a special place in my heart. It stays on the foot of my bed, and if we go on a road trip, I take it with me.

This is my favorite quilt section: wienie dogs! what could be better!


head over to Faith's blog and start participating in her treasure tuesday at http://faithfulmommy.typepad.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have such warm feelings for this quilt! Seriously, the BEST QUILT EVER! And the best blanket a friend could ever ask for when spending the night! Don't worry, quilt, we'll be reunited soon when I come up to visit this fall!