Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Monday Roundup

Some funny stories left on my comments:
From a role model of mine from Furman:
I hope this isn't too racy for anyone out there, but the thing that just doesn't work for me is the NuBra. Have you heard of this thing? Basically, it's a strapless bra (and when I say strapless, I mean it doesn't have anything but the darn cups!) that adheres to your skin. I know, I know . . . this alone makes it sound like a very bad idea! I think that the whole point of the thing is to offer some, errr, coverage under strapless tanks/dresses/etc. without sliding down your body as the typical strapless is prone to do.Now, I see several problems with this design. #1) You are placing an adhesive object on a very, shall we say, sensitive part of the body. #2) As you sweat (and sorry, I do!), the adhesive gradually wears off. #3) As said adhesive wears off, the edges of this contraption slowly peel away from where it belongs, causing much pain and anxiety for the wearer. #4) You can't wash the thing. Enough said.Now, despite these obvious reasons for avoiding the NuBra, I caved under the pressure of my more fashion-conscious friends (read: friends without kids) who convinced me that this was the coolest new undergarment on the market. I decided one Sunday that I would wear my NuBra under an equally impractical top. I was determined to look "cute" (read: not covered in spit-up, snot, or other foreign baby substance) at church. I got dressed, took a long look in the mirror, and darn it, I looked cute!Later at church, while carrying Joshua on my hip, I noticed people staring at me a little longer than normal. I thought that they must be noticing how cute I looked! I told myself, "See, self, it IS possible to be a mom and look cute at the same time. Way to go!"Unfortunately for me, my bubble was burst as a complete stranger came up to me and forcibly yanked my impractical top up over what had previously been my half-exposed, NuBra-covered, left breast. Since the dreaded NuBra is flesh-colored, the whole church had probably been staring at me because they thought they were looking directly at my boob. Don't you love it?NuBra- it DOESN'T work for me!

From my best friend from Furman (who I think would also call K.Huck a role model):
I can't seem to get my digital pictures onto paper. I know I'll never be a scrapbooker because I'm infamous for starting projects and not finishing them. I'd much rather not ever start than spend all the money and have beautiful books with only a few pages filled in, nagging me each time I sit down to rest and making me feel guilty for not being one of those super creative can-do moms. So I just don't. Anywho... guess how many pictures are in iPhoto? 1,461. And counting. I have a snapfish account, but I'm too lazy/cheap/disfunctional to actually upload, order, and pay for prints. Real photographs: more or less moot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»