Wednesday, July 28, 2010

That is Solid, Man...

So we have been introducing solids to the baby...and it has been interesting.

I am making all the food myself.  Not because I am a real granola crunchy kinda girl...but because I can't read the labels on the baby food around here.  And I am not sure about how her stomach will handle different brands/systems...

That might sound silly, but I am not willing to take the chance.

Especially, since she is spitting up a bit with new foods sometimes...mainly carrots or harder veggies...I think it might be a matter of preparation.   We also seem to not be working well with oats.  We are working on it.

But she has just progressed to three meals a day...usually:
breakfast: rice cereal in the morning with banana or pears
lunch: rice and veggies
dinner: rice, veggies and usually a fruit.

The veggies we've tackled and like: peas, green beans, carrots, cauliflower, zucchini. 
Fruits: pears and bananas

Not our favorite: sweet potatoes and peaches.
I hope to tackle soon: apples, squash, potatoes, berries...

What do you suggest?
Also, we looking to start finger foods.  Cdubs is getting much better and is showing signs of being a leftie with her pincher grasp.

She also has developed new skills: getting to table top, sitting up, drinking from a straw, and giving high five.

4 comments:

Karen Perez said...

High-fives?! Awesome!!
Bar madness continues today... almost done.

E said...

Awesome!

Frozen (thawed) mixed veggies make GREAT finger foods.
Little pieces of bread, too!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is already such a big girl! We usually did chunks of banana for finger foods. Cheerios and little tiny cubes of cheese were favorites too!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I don't know if you can get it...but avocado is a great starter food!

And, we totally skipped most of the grains. The girls weren't fans.

Also, give yogurt a try...my girls LOVED that!