Tuesday, November 24, 2009

As i Contract

Right now, I am contracting like crazy, but I never know if it is going to be the real deal or die down in a bit.

But with this being Thanksgiving week and the end of the pregnancy, I thought I would write down some quick thoughts on how thankful I am for this pregnancy.

This pregnancy has been wonderful, especially what I hear from other people's pregnancies. I had very little morning sickness, the preggo hormones seemed to do good things for me (I was less volatile or moody than my usual monthly hormone jag), and I really felt good for the most part. I liked feeling this baby grow inside me. I liked feeling it move.

However, I kept my distance emotionally throughout this pregnancy. I didn't want to get attached, to feel too blessed and have it taken away. But I don't care now...seeing those pictures yesterday and realizing how far I've grown (physically and mentally), I've lost a lot of my fear about this change in my life. And I just feel blessed.

Kdubs and I have reconnected in a great way. I am feeling ready to have this challenge and blessing with him.
And I didn't feel this way on my due date (chock it up to God's timing, huh?).

Sorry, if this was cheesy and corny...I don't get this way often so you'll just have to deal until my sarcasm comes back.

6 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

So...I'm not going to lie. The idea of being pregnant gives me the heebies because I'm too selfish of my figure right now. HOWEVER, reading this post pushed me a millimeter toward wanting to have a kid with a cute husband one of these days. I loved the cheese... I'm thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Now you're really ready, TRS :) I always think our bodies and our babies wait until our mind is ready too. Your little son / daughter is going to change your life in the BEST possible ways! It won't always be easy, but it will be an amazing adventure. We are so excited to meet this little one too.

McMommy said...

When she's finally here (or he but for some reason I'm betting she) you will think life is AWESOME and doesn't get any better. But I'm letting you in a on little secret....every month is EVEN BETTER than the last! Seriously! The day she smiles at you...you will cry your eyes out in happiness. But then? SHE LAUGHS AT YOU! And you will leap for the heavens and declare it the best day ever! But then? She rolls over. And looks so proud of herself. And you are BEAMING with pride! And then?

Well, you get the picture.

Just know that you have a million moments of happiness ahead of you.
I'm so excited for you and KDubs.

xoxo

Karen Perez said...

I am so, so happy for you! Praying for you and KW with every day. Much, much love to you both!!

Will you let us know (either via blog or twitter) when you're in labor / when you've had the baby?

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Hope that sweet baby is on his/her way or already here.

E said...

I am so excited that she is here, and you and Kdubs have this time together. It goes by so quickly...Miss Emery is already 3 weeks! Hugs to you, she is a beauty!