Monday, January 19, 2009

Petsugar to the Rescue

I have been having some issues with Penny recently. So I asked Petsugar of the Sugar network, what to do.

She put my question to the people. Please go and see what you think of the advice given...do you have any advice for me?

What I wrote--

Dear Petsugar:
Penny has taken to biting – well, trying to bite as thankfully pants and shoes get in the way – some people who come into my apartment. Usually it's people who have cats, but yesterday she attacked a friend who she has met before for no reason that I can think of. This time she actually bruised someone (no skin broken and we are not even really sure if it was the teeth that did it).

Since we rescued her from a puppy mill rescue league last fall, we are still learning new things about her. However, this seems like such a behavior change. Do you have any ideas why she might be doing this and how to help her not do it again?


Can you believe my little scaredy cat puppy is getting aggressive now? I was so embarrassed that she hurt a visitor but was a little proud that she has grown out of her fear of EVERYONE and EVERYTHING.

I could use any advice on this. Thanks!

2 comments:

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

I know the shaking of the leash a lot of people do but since you have a toy dog, I wouldn't recommend it because of the trachea. Speak to your vet and more importantly, start working with a trainer to get through all her issues and he/she should also be able to help you with her new-found aggresiveness.

Anonymous said...

Wow - Penny bit someone?! Holy crap, I would never have seen this day coming.
Love, Cita