Monday, April 07, 2008

Movie Review: Lars and the Real Girl



I have befriended a Blockbuster employee and beside that he is my dog's boyfriend...he also gives KW and I movies off of his free movie pass. This means that we get some movies before they come out and he and his wife pre screen them for us.

They gave us Lars and the Real Girl. Now I had read about this movie and I thought that it sounded cool. However, I didn't want to watch it because I thought this would break my 3-sob rule (make me cry like 3 toddlers).

This movie seems to be about a guy buying a sex doll as a companion, but what you don't realize is that it is a sweet story about a nice guy, who has had a rough childhood. His childhood has made it hard for him to deal with life. His fake girl helps him deal with the real world. It is very interesting, very sad, very funny...and just good. I would really recommend it. It is not raunchy or crude...it is touching and moving.

I give it a 4 out of 5 Thumbs Up
and 3 out of 5 toddler sobs

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I love your sob rule rating system! That movie always looked kinda interesting when i saw the ads for it but I'd be fibbing if I said I'd rent it. The last time i was in blockbuster was five years ago. now our dvd player is used for baby einsteins.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Gonna try it out, thanks!