Monday, February 04, 2008

Suck it Merriam-Webster Dictionary



This is a first for me. When I was done with my last post, I hit the spell check button (which I try to remember to do for everything) and nothing happened. I thought that blogger was not working. Something must be wrong, and now I can not post because all of the grammar freaks out there will laugh and mock if I mess up. So I pressed the button again and had a shocking realization. I DIDN'T MISS SPELL ANYTHING!

Look, I think I'm pretty smart but I will tell you laziness and carelessness get in my way of being a FANTASTIC speller. Until now! I should go on that ESPN spelling bee contest. I am a spelling genius. Watch out world.

Update...spoke too soon, spell check really isn't working. In my efforts to fact check after posting...like all good reporters. I copied and pasted my post to Word and got several angry underlined red underlined words. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

10 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

True. Mine isn't working and it is driving me bonkers. I type fast (emotional typer, LOL) and hate to go back and look over it all. I hope it gets fixed soon. I am certain I misspelled much of this....

Jamie said...

That's cracking me up that you thought it wasn't working, then decided you were just a smarty, and then found out it truly wasn't working!! :)

I usually type everything in Word and then transfer it over once I'm done. But then again my posts are long and rambly... but thanks for coming by and saying hi, glad you got a kick out of JD and Turk undies. I totally would buy them if Target carried 'em... :)

Amy Plumb said...

I noticed that too, and it's making me crazy because I can't spell for crap I so depend on spell check.

But, I will tell you that I have found that blogger and Webster's Dictionary sometimes don't always agree. One spells one way the other another way, and that is confusing.

Abbey's Road said...

Girl, you are coming into your own! Congratulations are in order ... !!

Melissa said...

I know how you feel! I am a horrible speller...but sadly I have yet to get %100 on spell check! Seriously....congrats!!!

Courtney said...

I hate that it's not working. I worry about it with every new post. It stinks.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

This is off subject, but tell me, are the fairy doors still in Ann Arbor? Do you ko wanything about them? Id there one at your home? I want one. email me so I will not miss your response...lbratina@bellsouth.net

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

i've been wondering the exact same thing on my posts! but i really just thought i hadnt' spelled aything wrong, i TOTALLY should've known better! uh-ho!

***thanks for stopping by my blog a few days ago! I have a giveaway still going on if you're interested!!!

*elizabeth

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

hi!I responded to your question on my blog. Go here...
http://leighsphotography.blogspot.com/2008/02/adams-family-beach-shoot.html

Anonymous said...

Haha... didn't "MISS SPELL" anything.