Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fake it Till you Make it

After reading so many wonderful posts on what works for people, I am at a lost at what works for me. I am feeling a bit blah to day (for many reasons, which would be too boring to post about), but whether you are suffering from boredom, sadness or ennuis (a fancy french word for the case of the sullens)...I find the term "FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT" works for me. Since I work in an office and deal with ALOT of people, I need to act happier than I feel. To get myself psyched up for being happy, I do several things:
1.) wear a really cute outfit--if I can. Although I would love to wear something as dull as I feel, I make myself wear something cute. I will sometimes get compliments on it, and that will always make me feel better
2.) List 5 things that are positive about the day (actually write it, not just think it...it makes a difference to see it in writing). Not just "oh its sunny"...really something good. If it takes you awhile, its probably a good thing because that means you are really looking for the good.
3.) Find a focal point. Like women giving birth, find something that makes you smile and focus on it. This was good for me today:

How can you not smile at that face? Its great (and no I do not know that baby, I found him on the web and he makes me smile...which is even better).

4.) DANCE! I like to put on music while I'm doing chores and dance like you are in a music video. You know the good dancing. I also do the one when no one's looking...the crazy spazy kind. Both are good for different reasons.

While this is not a fail proof method, these work for me to lift myself out of the sullens.

Faking it till you make it....works for me (I'm actually feeling a bit better already)

*it=being happy

Please head over to Shannon's Rocks in my dryer

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your day gets better. And that is definitely great advice. I especially like the list of 5 good things!

Susanne said...

Thanks for visiting my place. I like your idea of thinking of 5 postivie things and you're right, who cannot smile when they look at that cute pic! I buy shoe goo at Walmart, shoe repair stores or athletic shoe or running stores.

T.S. Eliot said...

You're too funny, A. Thanks for the list-- I hope your day get's better. Post-travel blues, eh?

Deannna - Younique Presenter said...

Thanks for the reminders on how to have a good day, sometime I just need to take a little break in the day and remind my self how much I love my life!

PastormacsAnn said...

Attitude can make a huge difference in the way things go for us. Good plan for making a day go better,

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»